WHAT IS A CHURCH… WHAT DOES RIVER OF LIFE REFLECT ?
1. It is a local assembly of believers where….Father, Son, Holy Spirit are exalted, praised, and represented at the River. Psalm 100:4
2. God’s tangible presence is welcomed, nurtured, and greatly appreciated. Corporate prayer is frequent, God’s tangible presence is welcomed, nurtured, and everyone feels His Holy presence. We at River of Life live a naturally, supernatural lifestyle. I John 4:17
3. People receive salvation, and continue to serve Jesus Christ. Believers are encouraged to grow up in all aspects into the image of Jesus Christ.
4. The balance of Grace & Faith is central. Our past, present, and future sins are forgiven by the blood of Jesus. Hebrews 10:14
5. The written word of God is taught, pointing us to the Living Word.
6. Vision is imparted for sending forth called and equipped believers into the harvest in evangelism, missions, and church planting. Life and ministry is imparted, and all are challenged and nurtured. Receiving the gifts of the Holy Spirit are essential for successful service. I Timothy 4: 14-15
7. Holy hands are laid on people for healing, filling, and anointing. River of Life grow up in all aspects into the image of Jesus Christ. I Corinthians 1: 4-7
8. Everyone feels welcome, as we are a family church. Great fellowship, joy and celebration are always taking place in our services. Vision is imparted to “go forth” and speak out and pray in the market place of life. So many, many people are hurting, and need healing in their physical bodies, and in their emotions. Acts 10:38
9. The Lord’s Supper is celebrated often. New believers experience water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. Holy Spirit baptism is encouraged early on in their walk with God. Hebrews 6: 1-3
10. Expressing love and blessing one another is given an important place. If you want to have friends, show yourself friendly to others. Hebrews 10: 24-2